New updated Fourth Edition with CD-ROM and 2013 State Case Summaries
An indispensable, nuts-and-bolts guide on the application of the Fourth Amendment to everyday police work, Search and Seizure Handbook is as invaluable to veteran officers as it is to officers new to the force. Inside you'll find the critical coverage you need to guide you through the potential pitfalls of nearly any investigative scenario. Expert topical coverage brings you the blackletter law and practical advice on:
• Basic search and seizure principles
• Practical advice on preparing and executing search warrants
• Search warrant exceptions for persons, effects, etc.
• Warrantless searches of automobiles
• "Stop and frisk" and other investigative searches