This practical and thought-provoking video introduces a revolutionary method for training drug and explosive detector dogs. It begins with a critical analysis and review of conventional detector dog training methods, and then presents a new method:
1) The handler is not the teacher, the dog teaches himself:
2) The dog is not just taught what odors and stimuli to respond to; he is also explicitly taught what NOT to respond to.
3) The dog is taught to ignore primary reward (ball) odors and stimuli unless they are encountered in conjunction with target odor.
The balance of the tape is devoted to achieving the detector dog trainer’s first three objectives:
1) Select a good detector dog prospect.
2) Teach target odor-reward association.
3) Condition the final response (aggressive or passive alert).
NOTE: The Purchaser of this Canine Training Systems™ product agrees that this purchase is being made solely for personal, in-home use. Any commercial use, including public display, rental, or other business use, whether for payment or for free, is strictly prohibited without a further commercial license agreement with Forest Run Productions, Inc. For details on this agreement, please visit: