The Tremco Police Package Anti-Theft System has solved the problem of police vehicle theft.
*** Not available for foreign vehicles ***
Law enforcement officers are faced with the unique problem of being required to leave their engines running, even when the officer is no longer behind the wheel. With our system, every time the officer shifts into park, it activates the anti-theft system. If an unauthorized person attempts to drive the police vehicle way, they would be unable to pull the shift lever out of the park position. When the officer returns to the vehicle, he simply presses a hidden covert switch while shifting out of park.
- Now Police can leave their cruisers running unattended for emergency situations.
- Allows emergency lighting ... computers, radios, heaters, air conditioners, and defrosters to operate while maintaining needed battery current.
- Gives police officer more security at the scene of an accident or when the cruiser is occupied by prisoners/passengers while the engine and accessories are running.
- Inexpensive. Fast and easy to use with our patented camouflaged system.
- Easy installation in less than ten minutes.
By designing a system that goes on automatically, it assures 100% usage. There are no keys to lose or codes to forget. Deactivation becomes "second nature" to the officer and after a week or so, they don't even realize they're using it.
This system is 100% reliable, convenient for the user, simple plug-in installation and inexpensive.
The system also gives 24 hour protection. If the ignition lock is destroyed or the keys are illegally obtained, the thief would still be unable to shift the vehicle out of park.
- The Anti-Theft system will turn on automatically every time the vehicle shift lever is placed in the "park" position. The system shall not require a key or switch to activate, since quick departures are common in police procedures. This technology enhances 100% usage.
- With the motor running and the Anti-Theft system activated, the automatic transmission shift lever won't move out of the "park" position.
- The motor of a parked vehicle with the Anti-Theft system will be capable of starting, but the shift lever won't move out of the "park" position as in #2.
- The Anti-Theft system can be deactivated by means of a not easily identifiable covert hidden floor switch system made of rubber material that has no electrical wires to sustain water damage.
- The Anti-Theft system is simple in design and requires minimum time to install by agency personnel. (Less than ten minutes). No specialty tools required.
For over twenty five years, Tremco has protected thousands of police vehicles from theft and the liability of being involved of high speed chases, unnecessary shootings, damage to property and stolen weapons. It is also a safety device protecting the law officer and the public from an assailant using a vehicle to cause injury or death.